Principal Message - Monday, November 5, 2018
To: Elementary & Intermediate Parents/Guardians
From: Mr. Arnold Diaz, Principal
Date: Monday, November 5, 2018
Re: Weekly Email Message
Given that I wasn't able to send out my weekly email to all our elementary and intermediate stakeholders this past Friday, November 2, 2018, I would like to take time out this morning to send out the following information to everyone.
(1) OGISD Christmas Photos - Please note that this coming Friday, November 9, 2018, Eagle Imaging will visit our school district to take our annual Christmas photos. Such Christmas photos will be taken at the Orange Grove Primary School this coming Friday morning. Those Pre-K through fifth-grade students, who want to take a holiday season photo, can bring their pre-pay order forms and corresponding monies to school by no later than this coming Friday. Please note that those elementary and intermediate students who will be taking such Christmas photo this coming Friday will be transported to and from the primary school via a school bus.
(2) Veteran's Day Ceremony - The OGISD will be hosting its annual Veteran's Day ceremony this coming Friday, November 9, 2018, starting at 9:00 am at the bulldog football stadium. For this current 2018-19 school year, our third- through fifth-grade students will participate in such patriotic school event. Our second-graders will commemorate such patriotic day through various school activities that will take place in their corresponding classrooms. Please note that this district-wide patriotic school event is open to the public. Hence, if you are available this coming Friday, you are welcome to enjoy this Veteran's Day ceremony with our students.
(3) Drive 4 UR School - On Saturday, November 10, 2018, our school district has partnered up with Bowden Ford to raise monies for the cost of security doors for various campuses of our school district, including our elementary and intermediate campuses. Please note tthat Bowden Ford will donate $20.00 to our school district for each adult who takes a spin in a new Ford vehicle, up to $6,000.00. Such Drive 4 UR School will take place at the Orange Grove High School this coming Saturday starting at 9:00 am through 4:00 pm. Every test driver must be 18 years of age, have a valid driver's license, and covered under a valid auto insurance policy. Please note that Bowden Ford has promised that each test drive will include a no sales pitch approach. So, please stop by this coming Saturday at the high school and help our school district raise some monies for the safety of all our students.
(4) 5th-Grade STAAR Benchmarks - Please note that our fifth-graders will take their first wave of STAAR benchmarks next week as noted below. If you are a parent/guardian of a fifth-grade student, please make sure that your child attends school on such dates. Also, please encourage your students to do his/her best on such STAAR benchmarks. I understand that alot of the material on such practice assessments has not been taught yet. However, these STAAR benchmarks help us make the necessary instructional adjustments needed to target the weaknesses of our students in the subject matters of Reading, Math, and Science as the current school year progresses.
*Monday, November 12, 2018 - 5th-Grade STAAR Math
*Tuesday, November 13, 2018 - 5th-Grade STAAR Reading
*Thursday, November 15, 2018 - 5th-Grade STAAR Science
(5) Thanksgiving Luncheons - Below you will find the dates and times for each grade level's upcoming Thanksgiving luncheons. Please note that RSVP forms went home recently with all corresponding information. Hope to see you at your child's Thanksgiving luncheon.
*Wednesday, November 14, 2018 - 2nd-Grade - 12:10 pm - 12:55 pm
*Wednesday, November 14, 2018 - 3rd-Grade - 1:05 pm - 1:50 pm
*Friday, November 16, 2018 - 4th-Grade - 12:10 pm - 12:55 pm
*Friday, November 16, 2018 - 5th-Grade - 1:05 pm - 1:50 pm
(6) Thanksgiving Holidays - For the current 2018-19 school year, please note that our school district will be closed during the upcoming Thanksgiving holidays for the entire week of November 19-23, 2018. School will resume at normal hours on Monday, November 26, 2018, promply at 7:50 am. Happy Thanksgiving to all our students and their parents/guardians.